Best Afghanistan VPN Service
By Paul Liu
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Looking for the best Afghanistan VPN service? Is so, read on. Afghanistan is a land locked country in Central Asia. After witnessing decades of wars, the Afghan economy is growing at a brisk pace with agriculture, services, mining and construction sectors contributing the most to the GDP. However, the country ranks almost at the bottom as far as the rate of internet penetration is concerned since just over 5% of Afghan population has access to the internet. In this detailed article, you will discover the reasons for using a VPN service in Afghanistan and learn about some VPN companies that offer a reliable service from the region. This article will detail why you need to use A VPN In Afghanistan?
Bypass Firewalls And Censorship
Despite the internet infrastructure being in nascent stages, there is a significant level of censorship in the Afghanistan. The Media Law of 2005 empowers the authorities to block content that insults any religion; is slanderous; is against the Constitution or legal system or threatens to weaken the security of the country. There is also evidence that the authorities intentionally blocked content that showed the President and the government in poor light. In 2010, the government instructed all ISPs to block gambling, adult and alcohol related websites. Although the ban was supposed to include specific pages of social sites like YouTube and Facebook as well as email services like Gmail, the authorities were not able to implement the system due to the lack of technical infrastructure. However, the government did block the entire YouTube website for 5 months to protest against the publishing of anti-Islam content on the website.
In view of extreme censorship in Afghanistan, using a VPN makes sense for several reasons:
– A VPN allows you to access sites blocked by the Afghan authorities as well as publish content online without facing any kind of repercussion. Since VPNs use secure tunneling technology, your online sessions cannot be monitored by Afghan ISPs or network administrators.
– In addition, a VPN subscription allows Afghan citizens visiting Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and China to bypass the local censorship. Since even mainstream sites like Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Skype and YouTube are blocked in the above countries, you would need to use a VPN to unblock them without leaking your personal details to the higher authorities.
Access Country Specific Content From Any Location
While most online portals can be accessed from anywhere, some premium websites are available only to residents of certain countries. The content providers use sophisticated IP and location detection technology to verify the location of the visitors and serve the requested content after the verification is complete. These restrictive measures may be deployed for copyright reasons (streaming services) or for security purposes (banks and ecommerce websites).
But such GEO-IP restrictions ignore the content needs of expats and frequent fliers. Due to the restrictive policies used by the content providers, expats and tourists are not able to transfer money or watch their favorite TV shows from an overseas location just because their IP address fails the location check. Since a VPN is an effective IP changing tool, you can use it to unlock your favorite content in several ways:
– By using an European or American IP address; soldiers, expats and tourists in Afghanistan can unlock their favorite services like BBC iPlayer, Fox, CBS, CBC, Demand 5, Xfinity, NHL, Hulu, MLB, iTV, Pandora, CWTV, Amazon Prime, 4OD, Eurosport, Vudu, HBO Go, USA Network, ABC, CTV, Netflix, NBC and Lovefilm.
– In addition, Afghan citizens who travel abroad frequently can use an Afghanistan IP VPN to unlock websites from their home country. As soon as you switch to an Afghan IP, you would be able to unlock all features of sites like www.outlookafghanistan.net, afghanistantimes.af, www.bakhtarnews.com.af, cheraghdaily.af, www.khaama.com, wakht.af, www.8am.af, afghandaily.com, www.afghanistansun.com, azizibank.com, www.pashtanybank.com, aib.af, www.afghanunitedbank.com, bma.com.af, www.utechonlineshop.com, 1tvnews.af, www.hewad.tv, shamshadtv.tv, www.shaiqnetwork.com, tolo.tv, www.watanrtv.com and zhwandoon.tv from any location in the world.
Online Security And Data Privacy
Apart from being an anti-censorship and freedom solution, a VPN is also an excellent privacy tool. A lot of people are not bothered about the security of their data when they are online which could be the reason why the number of security threats and online scams keep going up year after year. A VPN helps you to secure your data in multiple ways:
– If you connect to banking, social networking or shopping websites on a regular basis then you must safeguard your sensitive data with a VPN. Since VPN vendors use very strong encryption measures, your credit card numbers, social accounts, bank details and passwords remain secure at all times.
– A VPN subscription also offers security at public places. Due to the lax security measures used by commercial Wi-Fi providers, the Wi-Fi hotspots at malls, airports, coffee shops, hotels and libraries have become a breeding ground for hackers and snoopers. However, when you secure your online presence with a VPN, your data remains immune from theft and misuse.
Best Afghanistan VPN Services
For unblocking global content from within Afghanistan, there are many good choices available:
- Invisible Browsing
- Private Internet Access
As it is evident from the above paragraphs, using a VPN is absolutely essential in Afghanistan. A VPN subscription not only protects you from the Afghan authorities but also offers an easy way to access content that is unavailable in the country. So if you are really concerned about data security and online freedom, start using a VPN service as soon as possible.